Hey guys, What’s up?
As I am marketers myself, I know we have to put a lot of efforts and hard work for our clients as well as to build our own audience, our own network. Social media is undoubtedly one of the most important aspects of any digital marketing campaign.
The purpose could be anything like brand awareness, generating leads or for bringing quality traffic to our website. Now again, one of favorite and loved social media platform for marketers is ‘Facebook’. No digital marketing campaign is complete without facebook. It goes without saying that facebook page is what you need to advertise your product or company on Facebook and to create one you don’t have to pay Facebook a single dime. It is absolutely free.
Let’s have a look at some of the amazing and updated facebook stats first. As per different sources on the internet, I have mentioned below some of the most relevant stats for us.
Stats are updated on 1st November 2017 as per website www.zephoria.com .
- Worldwide, there are over 2.07 billion monthly active Facebook users for Q3 2017 (Facebook MAUs)
- 37 billion people on average log onto Facebook daily and are considered daily active users (Facebook DAU) for September 2017
- On average, the Like and Share Buttons are viewed across almost 10 million websites daily
- Age 25 to 34, at 29.7% of users, is the most common age demographic.
- Five new profiles are created every second.
- Facebook users are 76% female (out of 100% of all females) and 66% male (out of 100% of all males)
What do these stats really say to us is this,” Facebook is too big to be ignored by us as a marketer”.
Now let us have a look at stats on Facebook business pages. Source for this info is www.expandedramblings.com .
- Total number of Facebook pages or let’s say FB pages: 65 million (last updated on 2/10/2/17)
- Number of people those visit FB pages monthly: More than a billion
- Average number of post by brands daily: 1.48
These are some facts about FB pages which are relevant to us. Organic reach for posts on a page has come down so much so that we can actually call it alarming. We constantly need to boost our posts, in short pay Facebook for potential reach. But let us not bogged down our spirit by this situation. There are ways to beat Facebook in its own game to some extent I would say. There are tricks of trades for this which I will discuss those in my next blog post. So please subscribe to the blog to keep yourself updated.
It is important to monitor our efforts. There are various ways or tools, paid & free, to do just that. Apart from Facebook page Insight, my personal favorite website to measure my efforts and to know where my facebook page stands is https://likealyzer.com by Meltwater. Why is it my personal favorite, it gives very relevant information of our page in very simple, easy to understand language. It also let us check where our facebook page stands compare to other FB business pages in the same category or even among worldwide pages.
Here is a small video I have created for you to understand how it works. Sound quality is not great but it is ok. Enjoy the video, I hope it will be a helpful one. All the best.
Here is the link to the video, click it. Do not forget to subscribe the channel for more informative videos in future.